Need to Speak to a Specialist?
Before you think about spending a cent, have you gone through our Raw FAQ and Health sections? These should answer most of your queries regarding feeding your dog a raw diet including how to do it, safety concerns, feeding bones and cost as well as addressing the most common health concerns affecting dogs today (with a diet plan recommended at the end). These should be enough for the average owner, regardless of their issue. However, some dogs can be a bit trickier which you might need to run past a specialist. At this point, you have two options:
Dr. Conor Brady
BSc Hons, PhD.
I am a full-time canine nutritionist, widely read in most aspects of the subject and, to be fair, far beyond.
I am responsible for all the articles you will find on Dogs First.
I love it and am well positioned to help you with most queries on raw
- Doctorate studying the effects of nutrition on behaviour
- 5 years in Guide Dogs as trainer and pup supervisor
- Created Graw Dog Food, Winner of Dragons Den 2013
- Written extensively online regarding canine nutrition
- Conducts international canine nutrition and health seminars
- Owns Dogs First, now read by 100k people a month
- Consultant to the Raw Feeding Veterinary Society
- Cost per call: €25, 20min call with follow up email of instruction.
- Money-back guarantee. If my advice doesn’t help your pet to a considerable degree you can have your money back. No quibble.
- I am not a vet and cannot advise on the use of conventional veterinary medicines.
Dr. Nick Thompson
BSc (Vet Sci) Hons, BVM&S, VetMFHom, MRCVS.
As president of the Raw Feeding Veterinary Society, it’s fair to say Nick is now a world-leader in Canine Nutrition.
He is the go-to person for problem cases and where Dogs First readily sends all the more complex cases and ones they cannot fix.
As you can imagine, Nick is extremely busy.
He will only take on a case if he thinks he can help.
- President of the Raw Feeding Veterinary Society
- Qualified as a conventional vet in 1992 and veterinary homeopath in 1998
- Runs an integrated practice of alternative and conventional therapies
- A practicing member of the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society
- A practising veterinary herbologist
- 25 years experience promoting raw dog food
- Lectures in his specialist subjects all over Europe including the Universities of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, Bristol, Southampton, Waikato in New Zealand and for the College of Integrated Veterinary Therapies in Australia.
- Cost per call: Starting from £65 for 20mins (mention “Dogs First” for 5% discount!)
- Please note: If your dog is under treatment from another vet, then Nick will need a prior referral from your vet, in line with best practice.