Fish Oil Supplementation in Dogs I just read an interesting point on Patricia Gethin's excellent forum re fish oil supplementation in dogs. It concerned a dog owner in Australia who had been giving 8 capsules…
So, you have an itchy dog. We get this all the time. In fact, as we specialise in canine food sensitivity, itchy dog owners are one of our most common visitors. The good news, there is LOTS you can do that does not involve weird and exorbitantly priced foods or meds.
An itch with “no known cause”, a.k.a. atopic dermatitis is the third most likely reason for pet owners to visit the vet. It’s always the same with itchy dogs and it goes something like this:
- His issues began on a cereal-based dry food
- You have now tried a variety of brands, possibly even ending up on an obscenely expensive dry food from the vets
- You may even have made the leap to raw dog food, to no avail.
- You have spent an absolute fortune and are no closer to an answer from your vet who has prescribed steroids, NSAIDS or Apoquel to help reduce your pets itch and thus suffering.
- You have tried everything. You feel incredibly frustrated and your little buddy now seems worse than ever.
How are we doing?
There is lots you can do at this point though the most important for itchy dogs is the right food (remove all packet food and treats, feed a simply, home-made hypoallergenic diet. We show you how). After that, we have more home remedies and natural solution that you can shake a back scratcher at.