This week Dudley begins his various therapies, most importantly physio and hydrotherapy. The progress we have seen in this week along is frankly, incredible. On just his second hydro session, just four days after his first, the therapist said this could easily be a different dog. Wait until you see the video evidence! When you consider Duds was quite a bad case – they operated on four of his discs. This means the muscles to them are cut, resulting in the patient losing a lot of stability in his spine. I am told cases like these can take a lot of time.
It was a week of firsts. His first physiotherapy session. His first hydrotherapy session (thank you Naoimi of thecaninecentre.ie). His first wee unassisted. His first full body shake. And just now his first stand unassisted.
I don’t know what to accredit the phenomenal improvement in this dog to. It could be due to:
- The incredible job the surgeon (Bill McCartney of Noah Vets, Dublin) did on him
- The great shape he was in going into this op
- The hydrotherapy (thanks to Naoimi of the Canine Centre, Dublin)
- The physiotherapy (from the amazing Maria of UCD Arcvets, Dublin)
- His phenomenal diet (I am giving him nothing but the best, that means fresh, raw food, none of that dry crap).
- The power additions I am including, such as CBD oil (thanks Neil of RecoveryCBD.ie), AC4 (powerful anti-inflammatory), egg membranes (more on that later),
- His homeopathic remedies (thanks to Emily Mc Ateer, Dublin Holistic Vet)
- The aftercare I am giving him (I work from at home so it’s easier for me, in fairness)
- The copious amounts of prayers from well wishers
- His indomitable spirit
Whatever it is, the future is bright for this little dog.
Special thanks to Naoimi and Andrew of the Canine Centre for all their generous help!