NATURAL CANINE NUTRITION AND HEALTH
Latest from the blog...
I’m proud to say we’re read by more than 200k people per month. HOWEVER, I have banned myself from posting more in 2020 until I have submitted the book (it will be out the end of May!). But don’t worry, I’ll be back, super charged and extra large. I’m already amassing them in the background…
Here’s what I learned making one of the world’s finest and “as-complete-as-possible” raw dog food ranges Paleo Plus… My project with Paleo Ridge came to a head and end last week when they launched their new range Paleo Plus at
New to raw? We surely have what you need...
The move to feeding your pets fresh, species appropriate food can be a little confusing. Even more so if your pet has a health issue. Please check out both our “Raw FAQ” and / or “Health” sections above for the info you need. Failing that, you can type in your keywords below, we’ve likely covered it at some stage…
Need more help?
Should you need a little hand holding or some specialised help, I stand over any of my friends below. They bill per hour – 15 minutes to read your presubmitted questionnaire and prepare for your pet, 30 minutes with you directly via Zoom / Skype and at least 15 minutes to write your summary email, including all necessary tips and their diet plan.
I’ve been doing this a long time, studying and reporting on the pet industry from the inside out. It’s clear there is today a terrible amount of bad information out there, much of it a result of the unregulated influx of corporate cash into our veterinary sector. We’ll do our best to protect you from the worst of it but for now trust absolutely nothing in a packet with a picture of a dog on it. Question everything.
Dr. Conor Brady
Dogs First was born in 2010. Before that I was happily pursuing a career in Guide Dogs, working as a pup supervisor and guide dog trainer. My background meant I was always fixated with diet. Various happenings lead me more towards raw but it was only when I encountered the veterinary brick wall that I began to suspect something was askew. That threw me back into research, writing and lecturing full time.
In 2010 I formed Dogs First, a place to post my findings. I hope for it to be a resource of no nonsense, well-researched, factual information on all things canine nutrition and natural health.
- Graduated with BSc. Hons from UCD, Ireland, 2002
- Graduated with a PhD in 2006 studying the effects of nutrition on the behaviour and gut morphology of mammals
- From 2006-2009 I worked for both Irish and Australian Guide Dogs as a trainer and supervisor
- I hit the lecture circuit with the Natural Dog Seminar in 2010
- In 2011 I formed Dogs First and soon after created Ireland’s first raw dog food company in 2012 which had some success on Dragons Den 2013 (an no, I didn’t take the investment!). I moved the company on a few years later.
- The last five years I have been writing, researching and lecturing full time on natural canine nutrition & health
- I live with wife, daughter and insane cocker spaniel Dudley (what he may lack in brains and delicacy he makes up for with great determination, though that could be said for the both of us) in Wicklow, Ireland
I have a number of small revenue streams in this site. One is from the retail of my wonderful seaweed-based supplements (please see below!). I also, albeit rarely, link to some Amazon products that I think you might might need and I then earn a small percentage on any purchases you make. I also ask for donations at the bottom of my more vital articles (this nets me around €3 per day!). I get a few pennies for linking out to one or two raw dog food companies that I very much support as they put out great stuff (mostly ethical & organic which, as a veggie, is the only stuff I can promote and sleep at night). I also get a small percentage for recommending those nutritionists above.
I proudly have no ties, no contracts to any companies whatsoever. This means I’m pretty poor but I’m free to do and say as I please, as you’re about to find out.
An entirely unique range of natural, Irish seaweed-based pet supplements, shipped worldwide...